Decatur Personal Injury Lawyers Who Stand Up For Your Rights
Get experienced injury attorneys who are focused on your needs
Personal injury accidents in Decatur and other cities in Georgia can happen fast. In an instant, you or a loved one can sustain a serious injury caused by someone else’s reckless behavior. Suddenly, you might need emergency medical care at Emory Decatur Hospital Emergency Room or another nearby medical facility. You might not be able to walk or do many of the things you may take for granted. You may need weeks or months or even longer to recover. During that time, you might not be able to work.
Knowing what to do after a serious accident can be confusing. Even knowing what your rights are might not be clear. That’s why it’s critical that you talk with an experienced Decatur personal injury lawyer who understands the law and knows how the system really works. That’s why we want to meet with you at Kurle Justus, LLC right away.
Our attorneys have years of experience handling complex cases in Decatur and throughout Georgia. One of our attorneys even worked in the healthcare field for more than 10 years before becoming a lawyer. As a result, we bring a unique perspective and an in-depth understanding to how the legal system works when it involves personal injury accidents.
Our extensive work on personal injury cases in Georgia has taught us just how serious these accidents can be for many people. That’s why we work so hard to build the strongest possible legal case. For us, what we do is more than just a job. It’s our passion, and we would be proud to personally represent you and be your voice for justice.
What type of personal injury accident are you dealing with in Georgia?
The term “personal injury” refers to any accident caused by someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior. There are many common types of accidents in the state that can leave people seriously hurt. Some involve cars, trucks or motorcycles. Others happened while on someone else’s property. In some cases, the injuries suffered were fatal.
In addition to motor vehicle accidents, some of the most common types of injury claims we deal with at our Decatur law firm include:
- Premises liability – Cases involving injuries due to negligence on someone else’s property. For example, injuries that occur in a parking lot or business, including restaurants and stores, are often considered premises liability cases.
- Slip and fall accidents – Cases involving injuries due to slipping and falling on someone else’s property, often due to unmarked hazardous or other dangerous situations.
- Negligent security – Property owners have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe. If your injury occurred due to unsafe conditions that the property owner failed to address, you may have a strong negligent security injury claim.
Whatever type of personal injury accident you’re dealing with in Georgia, we can help you understand your rights and demand the compensation you rightfully deserve.
What makes personal injury cases so complicated?
You might think you don’t even need a lawyer if someone else clearly caused your injury or accident. The at-fault person’s insurance company will take care of everything, right? Don’t be so sure. In many cases, many personal injury accidents turn out to be much more complicated for many various reasons, including:
- The person who caused your injury denies doing anything wrong.
- The person who caused your injury blames you for causing the accident.
- The at-fault person’s insurance company denies your injury claim.
The stakes are high when it comes to personal injury cases. Many insurance companies know this. That’s why they often do everything they can to reduce or deny personal injury claims. They know they may be required to compensate you for all your accident-related expenses, including medical bills, lost income, and more. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced Georgia personal injury lawyer on your side, fighting for your rights.
What should I do if I was injured in Georgia?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a personal injury accident in Georgia, we strongly recommend taking the following steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention. If necessary, go to Emory University Hospital Emergency Room or the nearest medical facility.
- Call the police in certain circumstances, including after a motor vehicle accident. If you’re trying to reach the Decatur Police Department and aren’t sure which number to call, simply dial 911.
- Get the contact information (name, address, phone number, etc.) if possible, of the person who caused your injury.
- Do not discuss your accident with the person who caused your injury.
- Contact your insurance company and tell them you have been injured by someone else.
- Do not talk to the at-fault person’s insurance company if they contact you.
- Do not post any messages on social media about your injury.
- Contact our law firm as soon as possible to discuss your potential legal case.
Our Decatur personal injury attorneys thoroughly understand how the legal system works in Georgia when it comes to injury claims. We know what evidence to look for. We know what questions to ask. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies. If they refuse to cooperate, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf in DeKalb County or wherever your injury took place in Georgia.
Protect your legal rights and get the personal attention you deserve
Don’t underestimate the seriousness of your Georgia personal injury accident. Make sure you get the medical care you need as soon as possible, and make sure your injury gets the attention you deserve.
You don’t have to suffer in silence. We can be your voice for justice. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation right now. We can analyze your accident and explain all the legal options available to you. We can meet with you in our Decatur office, in your home, your hospital room, via video chat or wherever works best for you.
Kurle Justus, LLC – our Decatur personal injury lawyers put your best interests first.
"Jennifer is the most conscientious lawyer I know. The level of integrity with which she practices, makes her highly respected by her clients and other members of the legal community. I highly recommend KurleLaw for your most serious personal injury cases."