Decatur Assisted Living Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyers
Don’t let your loved one suffer in silence
Assisted living facilities in Georgia serve a vital role. These residences allow people, especially older adults, to live their lives the way they want, with some help. Unfortunately, abuse and neglect can happen in assisted living facilities, as well. When it does, serious injuries, illnesses and sometimes even fatalities occur.
If you or a loved one has been abused or neglected in an assisted living facility, contact Kurle Justus, LLC, right away. Our experienced Georgia assisted living abuse and neglect attorneys can investigate your claim and demand the justice you deserve. We have years of experience handling complex cases in Decatur and throughout Georgia.
Our law firm has an in-depth understanding of how the legal system works when it comes to abuse and neglect claims involving assisted living facilities. That’s because we have handled many cases involving this type of abuse. One of our attorneys even worked in the healthcare field for more than 10 years before becoming a lawyer.
This experience has given our law firm a unique perspective. We understand what a serious impact abuse and neglect can have on people living in assisted living facilities. That’s why our work is more than just a job. It’s our passion, and we would be proud to represent you and your family in your legal case.
What you need to know about assisted living abuse cases in Georgia
There are so many issues that often come up in legal cases involving abuse or neglect in assisted living facilities in Georgia. That’s why it’s important to have a lawyer on your side familiar with complex cases. It’s also important to understand your rights and how they relate to these types of cases. Below, you can find the links to pages with more information about assisted living neglect and abuse.
- Types of Assisted Living Abuse and Neglect
- Warning Signs of Assisted Living Abuse and Neglect
- Common Assisted Living Abuse and Neglect Injuries
- Can I Sue an Assisted Living Facility for Wrongful Death?
- Assisted Living and Premises Liability
- How Can an Assisted Living Abuse Lawyer Help Me?
- Assisted Living Abuse and Neglect FAQ
Whatever type of injury or illness your family is dealing with in Georgia involving abuse or neglect in an assisted living facility, our legal team wants to help you hold the facility accountable for its actions.
What makes assisted living abuse cases in Georgia so complicated?
Assisted living abuse and neglect cases in Georgia often turn into complex legal battles. Some of the reasons why include:
- The assisted living facility denies doing anything wrong.
- The assisted living facility claims you or your loved one caused your injury.
- The assisted living facility refuses to release information or destroys evidence.
- The assisted living facility’s insurance company denies your insurance claim.
Don’t try to tackle your tough legal case on your own. Get the help you deserve from a law firm focused on your needs. Contact Kurle Justus, LLC. We can help.
What should I do if I suspect abuse at an assisted living facility in Georgia?
If you or a loved one has been abused or a neglected in an assisted living facility in Georgia, we strongly recommend taking the following steps:
- Seek medical attention right away. Have a doctor examine you or your loved one to determine exactly what’s wrong. The health and welfare of you or your loved one matters most.
- Report the abuse or neglect to the assisted living facility.
- If the injuries are still visible, take pictures of them as evidence.
- If someone sees the abuse or neglect, get their full name, and contact information, so investigators can interview them, if necessary.
- If you believe a crime has occurred, contact the police, and tell them exactly what happened.
- Contact our law firm and talk to an attorney as soon as possible.
Don’t underestimate the seriousness of your case. If you believe an assisted living facility has violated your rights or injured a loved one, demand justice. Contact our law firm and learn more about what we can do for you.
You have rights. We can fight for them. Contact our Georgia law firm
This may be your only opportunity for justice. It is important to understand that you’re not just fighting for your rights or the rights of a loved one. You’re taking a stand on behalf of everyone who lives in an assisted living facility and their families. You’re speaking out on behalf of those who often don’t have a voice.
Learn more about your legal options. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation with an assisted living abuse attorney. We can meet with you in our Decatur office, in your home, in a hospital room, online via video chat or wherever works best for you.