How Can A Decatur Assisted Living Abuse Lawyer Help Me?
Our unique qualifications are what set us apart
Some people sometimes wonder why they should hire an assisted living abuse and neglect lawyer in Georgia. This is especially true if your case is already being investigated by the Office of the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman, the state agency responsible for investigating these allegations. Local police may also be involved in the investigation.
Just because they’re investigating your incident doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have an attorney working for you. That’s because the officials investigating your case are often only concerned with figuring out what happened and whether a crime or violation occurred.
Our job is very different. As your attorney, we’re focused on making sure your needs are addressed and that your case receives the attention it deserves. This includes demanding the compensation you deserve for medical bills and other injury or illness-related expenses.
Our Georgia assisted living facility abuse lawyers at Kurle Justus, LLC know what you’re going through. That’s because we have years of experience dealing with complex cases. One of our lawyers even worked in the healthcare field for more than 10 years, so you can count on us.
What our Decatur assisted living abuse lawyers can do to help you
As your attorney, you can count on us to help you and your family with your assisted living abuse or neglect case in many ways, including:
- Conduct an independent investigation of the abuse or neglect allegation against the assisted living facility. As part of our investigation, we often:
- Review medical records for evidence of neglect or abuse.
- Ask to see inspector reports for signs of similar abuse or neglect.
- Talk to a medical expert, if necessary.
- Ask to have a doctor examine you or the family member who was abused or neglected.
- Help you fill out any required forms related to your injury or illness.
- Help you demand the medical care you or your family member deserves.
- If someone saw the abuse or neglect, interview them as part of our investigation.
- If someone experienced similar abuse or neglect at the same facility, talk to them as part of our investigation.
- Deal with the assisted living facility directly on your behalf.
- Deal with the assisted living facility’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Negotiate a financial settlement on your family’s behalf.
- If the assisted living facility refuses to cooperate, file a lawsuit on your behalf, if necessary.
The stakes are often very high in these cases. Assisted living facilities know this. That’s why they often do everything they can to deny responsibility for your injury or illness. We know how to take them on and hold them responsible for their actions. Your case is about more than just money. It’s about justice.
We can be your voice for justice. Contact us.
Put your trust in a lawyer who puts your needs first. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation with our law firm. An experienced Georgia assisted living abuse attorney can review the details of your case and explain the legal options available to you. We can meet with you in our Decatur office, online via video chat or wherever works best for you. You decide.