Decatur Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Lawyers
Let a law firm with healthcare expertise be your personal advocate
We trust nursing homes to care for our loved ones when they need help the most. That’s why nursing home abuse and neglect cases can be so frustrating. Instead of a family member getting the care and support they deserve, they may be suffering and in pain or discomfort. They might even have a significant injury or illness due to abuse or neglect.
What should you do? Hire an experienced Georgia nursing home abuse lawyer. When you have an experienced attorney on your side, you can take legal action against the facility that harmed your loved one. You can hold them accountable for their actions. You can demand the justice your family deserves.
Our experienced Georgia nursing home neglect attorneys at Kurle Justus, LLC, can fight for your family’s rights when it matters most. Attorneys Jennifer Kurle and Steven Justus have extensive experience handling these cases in Decatur and throughout Georgia.
We bring a unique perspective to these cases. Attorney Kurle worked in the healthcare field for 10 years as a respiratory therapist before becoming a lawyer. As a result, she knows how the healthcare system works. She knows what evidence to look for. Our law firm knows what it takes to win these complicated cases. We can be your voice and make sure your loved one’s case gets the attention it deserves.
What you need to know about nursing home abuse and neglect cases
Nursing home abuse and neglect cases are among the most serious – and most complicated – legal cases we handle at our law firm. Our extensive work on complex cases has taught us the importance of paying close attention to the details when it comes to building a persuasive case. We also believe it’s helpful for families to have as much information as possible available to them about these types of cases.
Below, you can learn more about these types of claims and our approach to building the strongest possible legal cases.
- Types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Warning Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Injuries
- Can I Sue a Nursing Home for Wrongful Death?
- Nursing Homes and Premises Liability
- How to Report Nursing Home Abuse in Georgia
- Investigating Nursing Homes
- How to File a Complaint Against a Georgia Nursing Home
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect Statistics
- How to Prevent Elder Abuse
- How Can a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Help Me?
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect FAQ
Whatever type of legal case you’re dealing with, you can count on our law firm to take your concerns seriously, aggressively investigate your claim and put your family’s best interests first every step of the way.
What makes nursing home abuse and neglect cases in Georgia so complicated?
You might think you don’t need a lawyer if your loved one was clearly abused or neglected in a Georgia nursing home. The reality is that many abuse and neglect cases involving nursing homes often turn out to be far more complicated than many people suspect. Some of the reasons why include:
- They deny doing anything wrong.
- They claim your loved one caused their injury.
- They hide or destroy evidence of wrongdoing.
- Their insurance company denies your claim.
Whatever legal issues you’re dealing with involving abuse or neglect of a loved one in a nursing home, you can count on our law firm to work tirelessly on your family’s behalf.
What should I do if I suspect nursing home abuse or neglect in Georgia?
Every case is unique, but there often certain steps you can take if you believe your loved one has been abused or neglected in a nursing home in Georgia. These suggested steps include:
- Seek immediate medical care for your family member.
- Tell the facility you believe your loved one is being abused or neglected.
- Contact the police if you believe a crime has been committed.
- If your loved one has visible injuries, take pictures of their injuries, if possible.
- If someone saw your loved one being abused, get the witness’s full name, and contact information.
- Contact our Decatur law firm as soon as possible.
We can answer your questions and help your family hold the nursing home accountable for its actions.
Why should I choose Kurle Justus, LLC to handle my case?
There are so many reasons why we believe our Georgia nursing home abuse attorneys are the right choice for you. Some of these reasons include:
- Our extensive experience handling such cases in Georgia
- Our in-depth knowledge of state and federal laws that apply to nursing home abuse and neglect claims
- Our behind-the-scenes experience working in the healthcare field
- Our familiarity dealing with Office of the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman, which investigates nursing home neglect and abuse cases in Georgia
- Our attention to detail when investigating claims
- Our ability to negotiate effectively with nursing homes and insurance providers
- Our courtroom experience handling of these cases
- Our willingness to file a lawsuit if necessary on your behalf
- Our proven track record negotiating settlement claims or obtaining sizable verdicts
- Our determination and drive to succeed
This may be your only opportunity for justice. Make sure you have a legal team on your side who will thoroughly investigate your claim and work tirelessly on your behalf to hold the nursing home accountable for your loved one’s injury or illness.
Make your case matter. Contact our Georgia nursing home abuse attorneys.
The stakes are often very high when it comes to nursing home abuse or neglect cases. Depending on the severity of your loved one’s injury or illness and the amount of medical care they need, the financial impact on your family could be thousands or even millions of dollars.
It isn’t about the money. That’s not what drives us to work so hard on these cases. It’s about holding nursing homes responsible for their actions. It’s about standing up for people’s rights. It’s about making sure these incidents never happen again.
Don’t let your loved one suffer in silence. We can be your voice for justice. Contact Kurle Justus, LLC, and schedule your free case evaluation with Georgia nursing home abuse attorneys who fight for you. We can meet with you in our Decatur office, in your loved one’s hospital room, virtually via video chat or wherever’s convenient for you.