Investigating Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Let a law firm with healthcare expertise be your personal advocate
When nursing home abuse and neglect occurs in Georgia, it’s important that the authorities and your attorney investigate these incidents right away. Otherwise, the evidence needed to build a strong legal or criminal case could be destroyed or lost. That’s why our experienced Georgia nursing home abuse attorneys at Kurle Justus, LLC want to meet with you as soon as possible.
Our legal team knows exactly what to look for and how to thoroughly investigate claims of abuse or neglect. That’s because we have been handling these cases for years throughout Georgia. One of our attorneys even worked in the healthcare profession before becoming a lawyer. That’s why you can count on us to be your voice for justice when it matters most.
How our attorneys investigate nursing home abuse and neglect
Thoroughly investigating allegations of nursing home abuse or neglect requires a tremendous amount of skill and expertise. It’s also important to have an attorney investigating these incidents, even if the police or other officials are already looking into exactly what happened. That’s because we work just for you. As a result, we put your family’s best interests first and focus on making sure your loved one’s injury or illness gets the attention it rightfully deserves.
As your attorney, we will leave no stone unturned in pursuit of the truth. Our investigation may involve any or all the following steps, including:
- Carefully reviewing your loved one’s medical records. (Was there a sudden or unexplained change recently in your loved one’s medical condition?)
- Review the nursing home’s hiring records. (Did the nursing home hire qualified and experienced healthcare workers? Or did they hire someone with a history of abuse or negligence?)
- Review the nursing home’s inspector reports. (Was the nursing home often cited for health code violations or similar injuries?
- Examine your loved one’s financial records. (Are there unexplained charges from the nursing home? Is there money missing from your family member’s bank account?)
- Interview witnesses. (Did someone see something happen to your loved one? Were they subject to similar abuse or neglect?)
Information is power. The more information you have about your loved one’s nursing home abuse or neglect, the stronger your case. That’s why we take the time to find the facts that matter when investigating your family member’s nursing home abuse or neglect case.
Put your trust in us. Contact our Georgia nursing home abuse lawyers.
You might think you don’t need a lawyer, especially if the Georgia Office of the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman is investigating your complaint. This state agency is responsible for investigating allegations of nursing home abuse and neglect cases.
It is important to remember that these state agencies focus on determining exactly what happened, not whether your loved one gets the medical care and financial support they deserve. That’s our job, and we take great pride in standing up for your family’s rights.
Put your trust in a Georgia nursing home abuse attorney who puts your needs first. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation. We know how to thoroughly investigate complicated cases and find the facts that matter. Schedule an appointment at our Decatur office, online via video chat or wherever is convenient for you.